I deliver to you a belated CNN with news not only from the United States but around the world.
- A new study shows Pentecostal churches lead the way in growth of converts among denominations while most Protestant churches are not doing well in attracting new converts.
- On the importance of sexual abuse prevention policies in churches.
- The Chinese government is moving forward with a plan to “Sinicise” religion, including Christianity.
- In South Africa one pastor’s “resurrection” of a purportedly deceased man was viewed by others as a stunt and brought castigation from other African pastors. There are concerns that hucksters are using these purported miracles to take advantage of desperate people.
- On the growth of the global church and its influence on American Christianity.
Roman Catholic Church
- The Roman Catholic Church has decided to make an early release of Pope Pius XII’s secret archives.
- The Hawaiian Senate is considering a resolution that would call on the attorney general’s office to investigate Hawaiian Catholic Clergy to determine if they are implicated in child sexual abuse.
Southern Baptist Convention
- One SBC Executive Committee member has resigned over backlash from the SBC’s decision to end various inquiries into sexual abuse.
United Methodist Church
- The UMC faces a potential split after its vote on LGBT issues.